Am I Infected?

I normally have download speeds of about 1.4mb/s, but recently I've been getting speeds around 200kb/s

There's nothing else that seems out of the ordinary except for firefox not responding every now and then.

So there's no emergency rush or anything, I just figured I would come here first and see what you guys could figure out.

• Staff

Hi,

Probably not a malware issue unless you are experiencing other symptoms. It's more likely that it is an issue with your ISP, and I recommend that you call them and ask them to check your connection from their end.

We can always check though. Download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post the one that is not minimized.

I understand this is not the issue I should normally take to this forum. But thank you very much for checking, I just want to be 100% sure.

---------------

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86

Run by Andrew at 23:59:13.16 on Sun 07/11/2010

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18928 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_20

Microsoft

• Staff

Hi,

I don't see any obvious signs of malware.

One thing that could be addressed (but isn't the source of your problem):

I see you have Viewpoint installed...

Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". I suggest you remove the program now. Navigate to Start --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs if present.

• Viewpoint
  • Viewpoint Manager
  • Viewpoint Media Player
  • Viewpoint Toolbar

Let me know if you decided to uninstall it.

Again I'm very much leaning toward the idea of it being an issue with your ISP and I recommend that you take this up with them as soon as possible, since they have network diagnostic tools to see things from their perspective.

Let me know how it goes.

-screen317

Viewpoint Media Player was listed in my programs

So I uninstalled it after I googled a bit of information about it.

Anyways; thank you for helping me with this issue anyways, I'll give my provider a call tomorrow about my internet speed and see what they can do.

thanks again~

• Staff

Glad we could help. :(

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!