Internet connection disabled after removing worms and viruses

Hi,

I was originally getting recurring worms that never seemed to go away no matter how many times I deleted it. I then found this board and removed them with MBAM. While it strangely never identified my computer as having any viruses or worms, it was still ultimately effective (apparently) because I'm no longer getting the Avast message saying that it found a worm.

Unfortunately, at some point before I found your board and the solutions, I had lost internet connectivity to that laptop (I did most downloading to a thumb drive from another computer to get the programs onto the infected computer). I can only assume that this was caused by whatever mystery virus afflicted the computer in the first place. I was hoping that the internet connection would be restored after scanning clean, but that's not the case. Even though the internet connection (both wireless and LAN) SAYS it's connected, and even shows some packet traffic, I can't actually get to ANY websites. I get a "page cannot be displayed" error message for every site I visit.

Any ideas what this is or how to repair it? I've attached the last MBAM log, and the connection still isn't working.

Thanks!

mbam_log_7_14_2008__20_21_35_.txt

mbam_log_7_14_2008__20_21_35_.txt

I posted the mbam log earlier on, and the Panda won't work without an internet connection, so that just leave hijack this, which I'll post. Oh...I just got a message on this website saying that I'm not permitted to upload this type of file?

I know Panda won't work, that's why I said to skip it. The MBAM log you posted is old. You need to update the program, go to the forum in the instructions and start a topic. Post a new MBAM log, not as an attachment, copy and paste it into your reply. Then run HJT and do the same, copy and past the scan log into your reply.

I presume you're running windows xp or vista? if so try this,

Open a command prompt(In vista you will have to open it as administrator by clicking Start - Programs - Accessories - Right click Command prompt and goto run as administrator) Then in the command prompt type the following and hitting enter after each line:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

Zonealarm is alot like comodo and core force security it can sometimes stop legitimate traffic and applications which is one of the reasons I support not running a local firewall application and use dedicated firewall/routing application like a old 400mhz box running freebsd using ipfw :)