new problem....

for some reason my malwarebytes update is like blur out and i seem to be not able to click update...

and i have a question... if i dont want to update to the newer version of malwarebytes(i have v1.44) v1.45 because i just have this bad feeling... how do i just update the signature data base only and not the version?

i will not say what this"bad felling" because i'm scarred i accidentally say something wrong.

how do i cure this problem?

malwarebytes_problem.bmp

Go to the control panel > user accounts > and click on the user name you are currently in. It will tell you if its an admin account or not :)

I'm not sure why you can't update Benny, but also, one important thing,

You cannot update the signature database for 1.44 without upgrading to 1.45. Malwarebytes is not designed that way. When there is an update for the database it will update to the most recent signatures, and if there is a new version out, that new version must be downloaded in order to keep Malwarebytes always up-to-date. Malwarebytes isn't like some programs where older versions still get updates despite there being a new version. It just doesn't work that way.

I am a little confused by what you say here though:

"i will not say what this"bad felling" because i'm scarred i accidentally say something wrong."

?

correction:

((my bad))

"i will not say what this IS "bad felling" because i'm scarred THAT i accidentally say something wrong."

what i meant by there is that sometimes there are product that even if they are tested before they are released there are still some issues with the product. im just scarred something would affect my computer or some leaks of the product due to the "add" of the new features.

IM NOT TRYING TO SAY THIS PRODUCT IS NOT RELIABLE PRODUCT! Im just simply saying that things happens accidentally and i just want to be more "precaution".

SO, i wanted to update without the new versions and just the signature data base.

when i state that im scarred that i accidentally say something wrong is because i do not want to say something that would offend this great product that i use frenquently.

anyways thank you for your replies and hopefully i would find a cure to this problem

You're welcome. :)

Thanks for explaining Benny, now I understand what you mean.

I'm guessing you've probably read some posts on the forum where people have had issues updating and things like that? That doesn't happen to everyone, but it does happen and the staff is more than willing to help those who are willing to work with them in resolving the issue.

That being said, let me assure you that Malwarebytes goes under EXTENSIVE beta testing prior to being released on the forum here for beta testing. Then it is tested even more on the forum here. The staff works very, very hard to ensure that the final version of any new version works as well as possible without issue.

Of course, this isn't to say that issues won't occur, they can and do occur, but the same goes for many products; they can and do have problems, and then they get worked through.

You have two choices here, someone can work with you on this to get it resolved, or you may email support@malwarebytes.org to get this resolved.

Good luck :)

You are quite welcome, Benny :) I'm glad that I was able to address one of the concerns you have :)

Have you recently had a Malware infection? That's the only other thing I can think of that may be causing your update button to not work since you are indeed using your admin account to try and update. Or your installation might be broken, in which case you should re-install it. I can give you directions for that if you'd like.

i will just try to re-install it and see the results and no recently i do not believe i have any virus/trojan unless i have been using malwarebytes the wrong way

But just to be certain that i dont do it wrong way could you tell me how to :

Use it properly install it properly.

Please and thank you :0

Okay Benny, this will completely uninstall your Malwarebytes & remove any logs that you have as well as anything in quarantine, just so you know that prior to doing this. If you would like to keep the logs, I can tell you where to retrieve them. Just tell me if you have Windows XP or Vista/7.

That being said,

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail (if using the paid version).

As for using Malwarebytes properly, what do you mean by that? Could you tell me a bit more about what you mean?

As for installing Malwarebytes fresh again, install it while using an administrator account.

What i meant by Using malwarebytes properly is that

because some products they have ways " steps " to use there product...

ex:

update before performing a scan.

scan your computer

quarantine " if there are any " and remove.

then under some say: Disable your antivirus, antispyware because some programs are not compatible with each other,thus, many errors might occurs in the process, many errors may be produced or many false positive might happen.

We are not responsable for damaged bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.... FOR EXAMPLE

I hope you understand what im tring to state.

Ah, gotcha.

You should definitely update Malwarebytes prior to a scan.

You should review any results you may get and then select remove. Restart as soon as possible if prompted by Malwarebytes; this is very important.

If you have any doubts that a detection could be a false positive,

please read here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=3228

and then post here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?a...w_post&f=42

Also, you should read the EULA (end user licease agreement) before installing software, that way you know what you are agreeing to when you press "I Agree".

:)

oh ok thnx i just rebooted and installed it but something happended... sorry if im being a nuisance and sorry for my gammar im not that great in English.O_O

ok im not sure what was the error was because when the error pop up and said idk what it said exactly... i couldnt do anything... no print screen, no clicking, nothing! but when i tried to hover my mouse to the "ok" and clicked the "ok"

nothing happened after then malwarebytes installed itself normally.

now i have malwarebytes v1.45 and yes i can update !!!!! YESS!!! but should i redo the all process because there was a error that happened?

Well you could re-install it again with the directions I gave you just in case you think something did get messed up during installation. If it were my machine, depending on the error message, I would probably re-install it once more too :)

If the error happens again, this time please write it down or something so we have something to go on here :)

try saving the picture as a jpeg/jpg (you can do this in paint) and then please attach it to your post, since I don't really download attachments unless absolutely necessary.

See my screen shot below.

Click "choose" and navigate to where you've saved the picture, then click upload. Then click "add reply"

:)

post-13640-1270430417_thumb.jpg

hehe its okay :)

Saving a bmp to a jpg can degrade the picture quality a little bit sometimes, but it definitely saves on picture space :)

Hmm.

I saw your other thread here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=45452

And I see that you are not running an antivirus. Using a sandbox is a good idea, but it is not the ONLY thing you should be using as an active protection, even if you don't do anything important on your computer.

You could potentially be infected as you have no antivirus installed...

You could try posting the screenshot you just gave me in the General forum:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=41

And see if someone can help you figure out what it means. I have no idea what it means, but either there is something weird happening to make that error occur or you could be infected. Since you have no antivirus this could be why you are having issues installing Malwarebytes correctly, since an infection could have slipped in and then be preventing Malwarebytes from installing correctly.

You should get your machine checked just in case you are infact infected:

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

ok thank you for your support and all your replies and support it was truly an pleasure to speak with such experience person. i have also learned many things :)

But im still confident that i dont have any infections because i have already scanned my pc not long ago (like 2 weeks ago) with malwarebytes, avast and avira with no infections found ( i uninstalled avast because it slowed my connection speed by aprox. 50% then i installed avira but still the same results... so then i learned this "sandbox") and until now i have a sand box "not really a sandbox its better, thats what they describe" and i know how to use it properly.

Anyways Once again Thank You It Was Truly A Privileged And A Honor To Speak To You.

You're very welcome :)

Do you have Avira installed still then and actively protecting your system?

Well, so long as you are pretty sure that you are not infected, you should post that screen shot over in the General forum so that someone can help you figure out what it means.

And thanks for the compliments :) I try to help out where I can, but I still have quite a lot to learn :)

unfortunetly no i do not have avira installed anymore because i had connection problems and slow down... so currently i only have a sandbox (better than a sandbox)

im posting the thing right now :)

once again thank you !

May great luck come to you just has it came to me. :)