XP Security 2010 Malware

My mother in law has an infected laptop and I'm trying to clean it. Very aggravating virus/malware. I have put malwarebytes onto her desktop via a usb drive as it will not allow me to get on the internet. However, the virus will not allow me to run the .exe file either. I tried renaming the file and that did not work.

I also tried putting HijackThis and ComboFix onto the computer and it blocks both of those from running. Sooooooooo aggravating.

I tried researching before posting and saw where installing the System Process Killer application to find the process and kill it would work, however I could not identify it running. It's weird because I was able to take that program off the usb drive and get it running on the desktop but not malwarebytes.

I have searched more but can't find out how I can get malwarebytes to actually install on the computer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!