Malewarebytes won't launch

Hey guys

I'm having trouble with my software

I've had it for quite a while and I have to admit, I've only used it once lol

I need to get it running though as I think it may help sort my computer problems out

when I click to launch it, I get the errornumbers 0 and 440 which I believe to mean that it needs an update. However, I have been told this shouldn't affect whether it launches or not! I don't have the Internet either as it won't work right now but this is being fixed right now; I'm using my iPod to do this lol

could anybody please tell me whether the best thing to do would be to reinstall it? I have done this before and it worked for a short time until now. And also, if possible, tell me any ways to prevent it from doing this? Thankyou

I just wanted this question answered, I've been looking everywhere and noone seems to know :rolleyes:

Hi YancyB,

Please see Section A, ISSUE 15 of the FAQ here for a possible fix for the 0 and 440 runtime errors.

If this gets MBAM to run, please run a database update before running a Quick Scan. If the update wants to install a new version of MBAM, please let it do so. Then after rebooting, run a database update before running a Quick Scan.

If you require expert help with malware removal, please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org