WebSite Security

DarkSnakeKobra

Hi everyone!

I'm currently developing a website and had some concerns about security. Although I'm several months away I thought I get a head start and not wait until the last minute. :D

My first concern is about hosts. I have hostsman to provide updated host files that help block sites. I know it blocks them if you visit them, but does it block them from connecting to you? If so does malwarebytes' IP protection module work in the same way?

My seconded concern is about a decent firewall. I have Online Armor which works well, but I want to configure it so I don't have to check periodically if everything is fine.

My third concern is about updates. I check for updates regularly, but wish to have windows automatically update and restart without prompt to do so.

My fourth concern is about behavioral protection. I have WinPatrol which is nice, but rather not keep my speakers on and possibly be woken up at 3 in the mourning. :blush: Should I replace that with threatfire? It's a little quieter, but hard on performance.

I also plan on doing a check every 1-2 weeks for malware with online scans with esset and kaspersky as well as my usual security.

Thanks! :)

Oh, okay :)

I don't know much about that to be honest, but, have a look at this (keep scrolling, there's more than one):

http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/search/label/websites

http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/04/adm...r-everyone.html

From Miekiemoes's blog :)