Full Version Question

Hello:

I was just wondering if the MalWare Bytes full version offers complete protection (including anti-virus) or do I need a separate anti-virus program? Seems like most of the other anti-virus programs I've tried (including the new version of AVG) are resource intensive and tend to slow down most computers I've worked on.

Thanks.

Hello depawl, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

The full/paid version of Malwarebytes does offer real-time protection, as well as scheduled quick scans, automatic updates, and a few other things.

It protects you and detects and removes both what is leftover from what an AntiVirus can't full take care of AND what an AntiVirus won't even be able to find. It's good where an AV is not, and so, to answer the other part of your question, you need AntiVirus protection as well as AntiMalware proection such as Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is designed to complement your AntiVirus software.

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page, as this makes the forum easier to read. Thank you :)

depawl, to add to what mountaintree16 said you do need an anti virus application and you need to need to indicate the operating system and Service Pack level your system is running plus the CPU type and speed with amount of RAM the system has.

Belarc Advisor will assist you in finding that information:

http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Please post that information here by using "ADD REPLY" button.

Either avast! or Avira Antivir are good anti virus applications that work well with Malwarebytes.

Thanks for the replies. Actually I have a part time computer repair business and a majority of my work comes from clients with somewhat older computers (running xp home) with malware problems. They often look to me for recommendations regarding antivirus/spyware protection/prevention. I hae traditionally recommended AVG but as I previously stated the newer versions have become resource intensive and negatively affect performance on older computers.

Thanks for the replies. Actually I have a part time computer repair business and a majority of my work comes from clients with somewhat older computers (running xp home) with malware problems. They often look to me for recommendations regarding antivirus/spyware protection/prevention. I hae traditionally recommended AVG but as I previously stated the newer versions have become resource intensive and negatively affect performance on older computers.

Yes I also do some computer repair and noticed the same thing, that AVG is getting to resource heavy. I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials in combo with Malwarebytes, seems to be a good combo...