Upgrade install Problem

DennyC55

Upgraded from free to Pro, downloaded OK but had problem with the install. Thought it might be because I did a free scan and never restarted computer, so I shut computer down. Restarted computer and located 3 files (2 MBAM-setup and a MBAM-exe) When I try to open the files it asks what program do I want to use to open them. Should I start the Pro download again? Thanks for any help.

Hi DennyC55 and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase ;)

Please try the following and let me know if it helps:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

Also, as a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page. Thank you ;)

Hi DennyC55 and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase ;)

Please try the following and let me know if it helps:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

I followed your instructions and everything worked out fine. ;) Thanks very much for the (very fast) help.

I've been a user of Malwarebytes for the last couple of years and it has helped me many times. I upgraded to the Pro version because I felt guilty getting something for nothing! Thanks again for your help and I wish both you and the Company continued success in the future.

Denny

Denny,

Awesome, I'm glad that that helped you out :) And you're welcome, not a problem at all!

I actually don't work for Malwarebytes, but I am a regular member at the forum here and a very satisfied customer too.

I'm glad that you decided to upgrade; it provides another excellent layer of protection for your computer and is a great way to support the fine people at Malwarebytes :)

Thanks for the well wishes for the company though :) They definitely deserve it!!