lphcaufj0ec93.exe

helplesstoo

I have lphcaufj0ec93.exe in my start up as C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphcaufj0ec93.exe. I googled the internet and only one site was found that covers it, but its exterminate-it.com and i've read stuff on this forum elsewhere about this site and it gives false positives and rated as a rogue site. That site gives instructions to remove it and includes to End Process in the Processes tab (but I did not find it there) and to delete it from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (?but I did not find it there). Does anyone know what this is?

No I wouldn't say that. ;)

You might be better off going to the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum and working through the I'm infected - What do I do now? instructions.

I went to the site you suggested and it found 40 infections. None of them were actually the lphcaufj0ec93.exe file although a similar file called rhceufj9ec93.exe was identified as an infection. Thanks so much for your help.