MBAM Pro 1.44 IP block: 69.64.155.13

daledoc1

It's not an F/P I'm afraid.

I'd strongly urge you to have your machine checked as this range contains a plethora of malicious content.

Hi, Steven:

Hmmmmm, well that's very strange.

I've been infection-free on this machine forever, and practice very safe computing.

Daily scans with McAfee (yeah, I know, it's not the best, but it was OEM), Counterspy and MBAM have been clean.

I use a pretty tight firewall (and a hardware firewall), don't visit odd sites, don't use P2P, don't download videos or music, use FF rather than IE, etc.

I am always fully patched.

I have not experienced any strange behavior.

And this was an IP block only -- no pests.

The *only* thing to note is that for the past 2 weeks McAfee has had "server" issues with their DAT file servers (too complicated to explain here).

This was global, and continued off and on for nearly 2 weeks before it was resolved.

Makes me wonder about some sort of hacking or other problem.

When you say "have my machine checked", can you please be more specific about what you mean????

I am about to run a deep scan with MBAM and then Counterspy.

I can certainly install another standalone AV/AM (SuperAntiSpyware or Spyblaster or AVG), but aside from that (and aside from contacting AVERT), what else should I do???

This is a first for me. :) :)

Please advise, and thanks!

daledoc1