NoScript not updating

rriso

Hello,

Today I realized that the current version of NoScript is 1.9.9.26.

When I have Firefox check for updates for this program, it states that version 1.9.9.22 is the newest version. When I go to the Mozilla update page directly, it also states that the 22 version is current.

Is there a compatibility problem with the newest version of Firefox and NoScript?

Thank you.

I updated NS just now after FF had been nagging me about it for a few days and I have version .22 like you, the NS site states that version .26 is the lastest one and that is it probably down to FF not having published it yet hxxp://noscript.net/?ver=1.9.9.22&prev=1.9.9.18 , looking on the ad ons site for FF .22 is the lastest they have which was published on the 14th of this month hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722 .

It seems it is updated rather alot so FF must just update the ad on periodically as its jumped from .22 to .26, I would not worry about it, if you want to manually update it like NS suggest in my first link then you can. :)

I'm pretty sure I read a thread about this sometime ago on the NoScript forum. If I remember, the discrepancy is because the later versions are sometimes still in testing. What is offered via checking for updates via the addon window in firefox are the latest versions in full release that are no longer being tested. I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that is what I read, when I had a similar query some time ago.

This is the link to the NoScript forum http://forums.informaction.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Note - anyone can post in the forum entitiled "NoScript Support" - you don't need to register. The creator od NoScript reads the forum and very often will respond too. You might like to verify what I've said is correct. :)