Malwarebytes for Mac beta 5.5.4 (macOS Sequoia-compatible)

• Staff

Hello Mac community,

We know you've been waiting for it and it's finally here - Malwarebytes for Mac 5.5.4 with installer support for macOS 15.

Download and install our latest version at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb5_mac_preview and enjoy the latest of Malwarebytes 5 protection on your Mac running the brand new macOS Sequoia.

Important: Full Disk Access and System Extension permissions instructions are not yet adjusted to reflect the latest System Settings changes in macOS Sequoia.
If you encounter any difficulties enabling the necessary permissions, please consult the Sequoia-specific guidelines provided below:

Allow Full Disk Access for Real Time Protection on macOS 15

1. Open System Settings.
  2. Click Privacy & Security in the side bar.
  3. Click Full Disk Access, then scroll to find the Malwarebytes application.
  4. Click the toggle next to Malwarebytes Protection.
  5. Enter your password or use Touch ID to enable changes.
  6. Full Disk Access is now enabled.

Enable extension permissions for VPN on macOS 15

1. Open System Settings.
  2. Click General in the side bar.
  3. Click Login Items & Extensions.
  4. Click the information icon (i) next to Endpoint Security Extensions.
  5. In the modal, click the toggle next to Malwarebytes.
  6. A prompt appears asking you to allow System Extension permissions. Enter your computer password and click OK.
  7. Click Done.
  8. A prompt appears asking for permission to filter network content. Click Allow.
  9. You've successfully connected when you see Your connection is Private.

Note: For everyone running macOS Sonoma or below, no action needed. Once you update your current macOS to Sequoia, Malwarebytes for Mac 5 will keep running smoothly.
If you have Beta updates enabled in settings, you'll receive the 5.5.4 beta update automatically, there's no visual or functional differences with the previous 5.5.3.

Edited by Aryna
  • Like 5

• Aryna changed the title to Malwarebytes for Mac beta 5.5.4 (macOS Sequoia-compatible)
  • Aryna pinned this topic

The release candidate I got last week has been stable (whether it is Gold Medal or not is debatable) but betas I had all summer have been stable and the one I was offered, not a beta, has been very stable. The only problem I had was not to be able to get Malwarbytes to work and reinstall. (I am going out of country soon on vacation and need it to work). I am going to install the current one on my main machine and do not know of any issues that would give me pause, now that the MacOS version is working. I am running betas and then a release candidate on my iPhone and iPad with no issues before or since the upgrade there. However, there are no guarantees! Ask Microsoft and their issues recently.