I am using windows 7. I have a virus symsrv.dll. I can't delete it

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not have an installation media for Windows 7, download the Windows 7 .iso file and save it on its own folder, such as (C:\iso). Create the folder if not present and let me know when done. We need to attempt to restore the heath of the computer. Too many files corrupted in the system, such as .net framework.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-64bit iso : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Try this:

Go to the Control Panel -> Programs and features.

1. Control Panel Programs

2. Click the checkbox next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1

Turn Windows features on or off

3. You will see the checkbox become filled

4. Click OK

Turn Windows features on or off click OK

5. Wait for Windows to complete the operation. If it asks you to connect to Windows Update to download required files, click Yes.

I'm done, and net framework was already enabled 

5 hours ago, JSntgRvr said:

If you do not have an installation media for Windows 7, download the Windows 7 .iso file and save it on its own folder, such as (C:\iso). Create the folder if not present and let me know when done. We need to attempt to restore the heath of the computer. Too many files corrupted in the system, such as .net framework.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-64bit iso : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Try this:

Go to the Control Panel -> Programs and features.

1. Control Panel Programs

2. Click the checkbox next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1

3. You will see the checkbox become filled

4. Click OK

Turn Windows features on or off click OK

5. Wait for Windows to complete the operation. If it asks you to connect to Windows Update to download required files, click Yes.

6 minutes ago, JSntgRvr said:

Right click on the .iso file and select Mount. A virtual drive will be created. Within that drive there is a folder labeled sources. Open that folder and see if there is an install.wim or an install.esd.  Let me know the drive letter assigned to the drive and tell me which file is present, .wim or .esd.

What should I select, I can't find "mount"

IMG_20240626_014110.jpg

Yes, in Windows 7 there are some differences.

You will need to download WinCDemu-4.1.exe to be able to mount that image or extract to WIN7SP1_NEW\ . Here are the instructions to mount the image.

How to Mount an ISO image in Windows 7, 8, and 10 (howtogeek.com)

Either way, I'll need the full path to the sources folder.

.wim 

V:\sources

8 minutes ago, JSntgRvr said:

Yes, in Windows 7 there are some differences.

You will need to download WinCDemu-4.1.exe to be able to mount that image or extract to WIN7SP1_NEW\ . Here are the instructions to mount the image.

How to Mount an ISO image in Windows 7, 8, and 10 (howtogeek.com)

Either way, I'll need the full path to the sources folder.