False Positive or real threat? Malware.AI.2106396616

Gebaben

Dear support,

Please check this file if it is truly a malware or a false positive. I tested it on an old laptop with malwarebytes v.4.3.0.218 and it found nothing. I've even ran the exe while disconnected from the internet but nothing suspicious happened.On a newer PC however, a newer version of MB detected it as a Malware.AI. However windows defender is not.

Thank you!

log.txt Pacific Warriors.rar

Yes 45/72 detection is not looking good. Although maybe it can be explained as it's a no CD patch for a very old game from 2000 which is now an abandonware.

An original CD is very hard to come by nowadays, or the places it can be safely downloaded. The site I got it from is probably the safest but no 100% guarantee.

The "original" exe (packed with this file) has quite a few detections aswell on Virustotal, but Malwarebytes doesn't detect it as malware: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/58ff3a3b61231041892d5a2646e3b84d807c2e0b654d291d7b0d469f9cff008d/detection

As it says Malware.AI.2106396616 I hope you may look deeper into the file and check if it's a real malware or just a no CD exe. I know I should use these at my own risk, but the game is hard to get.