Malwarebytes 4.6 issue with Windows PowerToys

I have Malwarebytes 4.6.4.286 installed on both a Windows 10 22H2 and Windows 11 22H2 system. On both systems, Malwarebytes appears to cause significant slowdowns and lockups when Windows PowerToys is installed. Other programs run very slowly or lag, and Windows Explorer will occasionally freeze or crash. I originally thought it was an issue with just the latest version of Windows PowerToys (0.74.1), but I tried 2 older versions of the software (0.74.0 and 0.73.0) and the slowdowns/lockups are still there. Task Manager shows significant CPU and power usage from the Malwarebytes Service (more so on Windows 10).

I tried to work around this by putting PowerToys on the Allow list in Malwarebytes, but it doesn't consistently prevent the system from slowing down or locking up.

The issue has already been reported to Microsoft on their page for Windows PowerToys, but I'm not sure if Malwarebytes is aware of this.

slowdown-win10-22H2.PNG

slowdown-win11.png