Specific adware/phishing attack. What's the source?

Every morning I visit and read a few articles on a sports website (d1baseball.com). Every day for the past 3 days or so I've had a fake ad pop up, an ad from spectrum promising the usual riches for survey completion (iPhone, money, 3 years of Netflix, etc.). I have the link below and a screenshot of the pop up ad.

I ran a Malwarebytes scan, and nothing came up on my personal computer where I have seen the ad in Safari. I haven't come across the ad on any of my other devices or on any other site and don't have other pop up fake ads. 

My question is this:

1) Should I do anything else to investigate the possibility that my browser is compromised?

2) If it's not my browser/computer, should I contact the website, as this ad only appears on one particular website?

Pop up link in question

http://axufcs.space/bonus/com-us-cc-s10-iph11-cdn/lp3.php?c=4fz2qplyhz4vz0&k=ba958aa8ae2fe34b000a9b07d95efab4&advlistscountry_code=US&carrier=-&country_name=United States&region=Louisiana&city=Pearl River&isp=Charter Communications&lang=en&os=Mac OS X&osv=10.15&browser=Safari&browserv=&brand=Desktop&model=Desktop&marketing_name=Desktop&tablet=4&rheight=768&rwidth=768&e=5

image.thumb.png.63491993c84d6e151ae033efd2b86a06.png

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Disable hyperlink

This is form what is called malvertising (malicious advertising).

Web sties sell space for advertisers for revenue.  Some advertisers are not ethical.  Others may contract out to other advertisers who are unethical.  They may randomize or rotate in malvertisements.  They can be scams using GeoIP data or they can lead to malicious software or Fake Alerts masquerading as legitimate businesses.

That is not a sign of a PC infection.  It is a sign of a site you may want to avoid or use spam blocking software or even Malwarebytes' Browser Guard.

If a legitimate web site is found to be malvertising, then you can contact the web site.  I have seen that happen with Weather.Com and when notified, they took corrective actions.

Please note.  When posting malicious, suspicious and/or nefarious URLs, please place them in Code Tags such that they are no longer "clickable" Live Links.
1813637963_CodeTagonToolBar.jpg.65031815

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar
  • Like 1