False positive (Backdoor Bot)

bmullin

My screenblanker pops up when the keyboard had been idle for 10 minutes. Not every time, but occasionally I see a Backdoor Bot alert which prevents the screenblanker from executing. Clicking on "ignore" starts up the screenblanker but unfortunately does not save a log file. Additionally, the ignore is not permanent since the program name is not posted in Ignore Tab screen. No log file was saved, if one had been I would have included it here. I've tried to manually insert the filename in the ignore file but have not gotten this to work. FWIW, I also scanned the offending file with both MWB and McAfee, but both said there were no problems.

I've changed the name of the file from ClockCal.scr to ClockCal.txt and hopefully I've attached it to this message correctly. Note that for testing purposes, you can also change the name to ClockCal.exe rather than having to execute the program through the screensaver process.

I realize that I could simply delete the program, but this is a very functional screensaver and the only one I've used since the Win95 days.

Thanks, Bill

ClockCal.txt

Please update MBAM and do a quick scan , post the log .

I am unable to replicate this with your supplied file .

For me, the problem only occurs once or twice a day, and only when the screen blanker is brought up by the OS rather than manually. Change the extension of the attachment from TXT to SCR, install it as your screen blanker, then set blanking time to 5 minutes or less. Sooner or later MWB should give you the "Backdoor Bot" message.

Thanks, Bill

----------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41

Database version: 3040

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

10/27/2009 7:41:22 am

mbam-log-2009-10-27 (07-41-22).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 101207

Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0