HELP my PC is slow!!!!!

I have installed Spybots & Malware bytes anitmalware, I have run both applications and whilst they have removed the majority of problems I am still suffering from a few nasties I cannot get rid of

they are vastly slowing down my system to the point where even the most simplest of tasks is taking my pc a long time to process (such as saving a small html document)

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Please look over this topic first... If after you have tried the info in here. Please post back & well take it to the next level.....regards...

Computer and browser slowness are not always malware related

Poor performance and other problems can be the result of disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many startup programs, unnecessary services running, not enough RAM, dirty hardware, etc. As your system gets older it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down so cleaning and regular maintenance is essential.

Listed below are a few things you can do to improve speed and system performance. Many of the these suggestions will apply if you're using Windows Vista but may be done a bit differently. Near the bottom of this thread there is a section specifically devoted to Vista Users.

For browser problems, see:

If your having connectivity issues or errors such as Page cannot be displayed see

If you're using Vista or Internet Explorer 7, see

If you have a lot of toolbars and add-ons attached to Internet Explorer, you could try improving performance by disabling those which are unecessary. See:

[*]Control Internet Explorer Add-ons with Add-on Manager

[*]Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer