Application I've developed -- possible false positive?

FJSBlueHeron
Go to solution Solved by cli,

I have created an application with .Net Core 5.0 and run it without issue in development (debug) mode. When I attempt to run in in a production (release) mode. it runs for a short while and then I receive an RTP Detection from MalwareBytes and the exe is Quarantined.  After I reboot I restore the file as it is a normal program developed using normal 3rd party tools that I've always used. I scan it with MalwareBytes and it reports no problems. But if I run it again, it repeats the RTP Detection. This application does not have any internet listening or internet calling routines. Help! :-) 

MalwareReport.zip

So I thought it worked - the original EXE no longer reported the Malware.

But Hmmmm -- So I am wondering what is triggering this because I made a small change to the application and regenerated it and now it's reporting the problem again - adding the new files here... I need to understand what's causing the hit as I frequently will be updating this application.

Fred

MalwareReport2.zip

Does this mean that you have confirmed that there is no RTP within the application? That it was a false positive? Or are you just white-listing this application? I need to ensure the application is free of any 3rd party infection. I seriously doubt it has anything, but I need 100% confidence. Is there another validation I can (should) perform?