pc freeze

I have the registered version.Since the program was updated to 1.41 my laptop freezes and have to press the power button to turn off.I thought is was a fault with the laptop to start with.So i rang the support center explained my laptop was freezing and couldn't shut it down.They took the laptop in for repair and replaced the hard drive.I then got my laptop back but the next day i got the same problem.I rang them up again and explained the problem and the tech person talked me throughdoing a full recovery.This time i was told not to install any other software to see if the laptop would run ok.After a few days i installed my software 1 at a time to see if it was a software issue.Everything was fine till i downloaded malwarebytes.If i uninstall the program the laptop is fine again.I am using windows vista 32 and have norton internet security 2009.Anybody got any ideas why this is happening.

Hi wizard1970,

Your AV may be causing the freeze.

Try adding the following mbam files to your exclusions in Norton 2009 and then rebooting.

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Here's a link at the Norton Community Forums on how to add exclusions to Norton 2009.