Windows PC Defender

Hi - first post here, so apologies if this is in a wrong section.

I have a remote server 2003 box (when I say remote I mean practically in the middle of Australia!!) that has somehow become infected with Windows PC Defender, asking us to activate the product etc.

I downloaded the latest mbam-setup.exe, checked for updates and ran the quick and full scan - these did pick some hijack stuff that it quarantined but it does not get rid of the Windows PC Defender.

On boot up this rogue creates a folder in C:\Documents & Settings\All users\application Data, I can delete some but not all of these files, and they are re-created on reboot anyway.

When I log on as the Server admin - you wouldn't realise there was an issue, however it is only when I log on as the user that this programme becomes apparent as the IE browser will not function. A full scan with McAfee does not pick up this infection ;)

If anyone has any ideas, or needs some logs etc. that might help you assist me, just let me know.

Regards,

Stephenite