Malicious website blocked, Domain amastybootstrap.online from Firefox

Ready912
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

I was using Firefox today at an online store I usually visit and MB popped up saying Blocked website with category as Hijack.

Category: Hijack
Domain: amastybootstrap.online
IP Address: 193.38.54.88
Port: 80
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

What does this mean and what should I do? Is Firefox or my PC compromised?

Wow! Thanks so much for the response Dashke, I'm so glad I checked with you guys first!

Maybe this is a more general question. But with this kind of issue, I'm assuming they can steal any info someone enters on that website (name, address, email, etc.)? Does that also mean info Paypal transactions can also be taken?

9 minutes ago, Ready912 said:

Wow! Thanks so much for the response Dashke, I'm so glad I checked with you guys first!

Maybe this is a more general question. But with this kind of issue, I'm assuming they can steal any info someone enters on that website (name, address, email, etc.)? Does that also mean info Paypal transactions can also be taken?

Also forgot to ask, if I need to do anything on my own PC to ensure it is safe after having been on that website (I did not enter any info on the website)?

I ran MB and Windows Defender, both say my PC is clean.

• Staff

This is a webskimmer - 

it is usually a piece of malicious JavaScript (JS) code embedded in web payment pages to perform skimming. Such malware arrives on target pages via a compromised third-party script service. Web skimmers were designed to retrieve customer payment information.

Magecart is a group known to use web skimmers. For more information, see this blog post on how you can protect yourself from Magecart and other e-commerce attacks -

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2018/09/how-to-protect-your-data-from-magecart-and-other-e-commerce-attacks/

Your system should be fine as it usually doesn't infect the systems. :)

If you are suspicious that your PC might be infected, you can create a topic here -

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/7-windows-malware-removal-help-support/

• Thanks 1