Can not install Malwarebytes

I have an infection with Protection System, Security System Alert and Windows Security Alert popups all the time. I ran Winlogon.exe and everytime I remove the item with the little shield icon it comes back. What do I do now? I have attached the report from the Stealth Items Tab on the program for you to review. Will be here for a while this evening trying to fix this.

Thanks

RootRepeal_Report9_24_09.txt

I have an infection with Protection System, Security System Alert and Windows Security Alert popups all the time. I ran Winlogon.exe and everytime I remove the item with the little shield icon it comes back. What do I do now? I have attached the report from the Stealth Items Tab on the program for you to review. Will be here for a while this evening trying to fix this.

Thanks

Sorry forgot to write that I Ran RootRepeal and the attachment is from that Stealth Items Tab.

Welcome to Malwarebytes!!! :)

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

CF_download_FF.gif

CF_download_rename.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a HijackThis log so we can continue cleaning the system.

Here is the Combofix.txt file. How do I make the HijackThis Log?

Welcome to Malwarebytes!!! :)

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

CF_download_FF.gif

CF_download_rename.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a HijackThis log so we can continue cleaning the system.

ComboFix.txt

In the mean time I was able to install Malewarebytes, it updated to bd #2857. I ran a quick scan and here is that log. The system seems to be running much better now and no popups. Is there more I need to do. I plan to buy the pro version of your software, will it maintain real time protection against these types of re infection which my AV software seems to not provide.

Thanks

Terry

Here is the Combofix.txt file. How do I make the HijackThis Log?

mbam_log_2009_09_25__05_53_15_.txt

Did you remove the items detected by Malwarebytes? If not please do.

Go to Start ---> Run ---> Type "c:\documents and settings\Terrance Dunder\My Documents\Downloaded Program Updates\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\New Folder\Combo-fix.exe" /u and press Enter.

The paid version of Malwarebytes has a protection module that's different than most Anti-Malware products out now. So i would say it probably could of stopped the install, but nothing is foolproof. I"m sure the staff could answer any questions you have.

Yes I removed the items that Malewarebytes found. I also installed the paid version and it is running now on my computer. the command line you indicated "c:\documents and settings\Terrance Dunder\My Documents\Downloaded Program Updates\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\New Folder\Combo-fix.exe" /u" did not do anything. Should it have?

Thanks again for your help.

Terry

Did you remove the items detected by Malwarebytes? If not please do.

Go to Start ---> Run ---> Type "c:\documents and settings\Terrance Dunder\My Documents\Downloaded Program Updates\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\New Folder\Combo-fix.exe" /u and press Enter.

The paid version of Malwarebytes has a protection module that's different than most Anti-Malware products out now. So i would say it probably could of stopped the install, but nothing is foolproof. I"m sure the staff could answer any questions you have.