Cannot run malwarebytes program

I have malwarebytes on my computer and ran it a week ago - came up with several threats which were eliminated. Since then I have not been able to open any files in control panel or open malwarebytes program and many other programs. I downloaded malwarebytes program again but was not able to run the program - with all of the above get the message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." After downloading malwarebytes and getting this message another message came up asking if I wanted windows to use the web service to find the file. When I check this I get the message that Windows doesn't recognize this file type. Also get the message that windows cannot open file: rundll32.exe. Can someone help?

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!