Img sync

I have about 20 files that are identified as IMG SYNC followed by a number.  Most of them are dated today, 6/27, but 3 of them are dated 6/11.  Each file size is zero.  I've scanned twice this morning and the files are still there.  What should I do?

Hello Deb,

Thanks for those logs, can you zip up and attach the following:

C:\Users\Cates\Downloads\ImgSync

Next,

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Thanks,

Kevin..

fixlist.txt

It is always recommendeed that FRST is saved to your Desktop, it makes actions a lot easier. You download and ran FRST from the following folder:

C:\Users\Cates\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\BG0HJ5E7

To make the fix download the text file fixlist.txt to the same folder as FRST. Do not open the text file, open FRST and select fix tab. FRST then reads the text file and runs the fixes accordingly. The log file fixlog.txt is saved to the same place....

Edited by kevinf80

OK, I found FRST folder.  I moved fixlist.txt to the FRST folder.  There are 3 subfolders - Hives, Logs, Quarantine.  Hives has a subfolder - Users - that contains two files, one labeled with 7 zero's and a 1 and the other ending in 2.  Logs has 2 files, the addition and FRST text file.  Quarantine is empty.  So since I didn't follow earlier instructions, can I use the original link to connect to the FRST program and then start with the Fix button?  Or start over? 

Do not touch the FRST folder, or move "fixlist.txt" file to that folder as it will not help what we are doing. It will probably be easier if you download FRST64 again, this time save it to your Desktop. When that is complete move the text file "fixlist.txt" to the same place (desktop)

With FRST64 and fixlist.txt together on the Desktop double click on FRST64, when the GUI opens select the fix tab to run the fix.... The log fixlog.txt will be on the Desktop on completion..

FRSTFix.JPG

Hiya Deb,

Yes you can delete thre zip file, also do this:

Right click on FRST here: C:\Users\Cates\Desktop\FRST64.exe and rename uninstall.exe when complete right click on uninstall.exe and select "Run as Administrator"

If you do not see the .exe appended that is because file extensions are hidden, in that case just rename FRST64 to uninstall

That action will remove FRST and all created files and folders...

Next,

Remove all System Restore Points: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/33593-delete-system-restore-points-windows-10-a.html#option2

Create clean fresh Restore Point: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-system-restore-point

Run Windows Disk Clean Up Utility - https://neosmart.net/wiki/disk-cleanup/

From there you should be good to go...

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image