Malwarebytes continues to block the same IP address saying its a "trojan"

No idea why this is happening, the only things i've downloaded are steam, google chrome, and a few other game launchers. It has been the same IP every time besides two other times.

The IP Address is this: 131.196.198.51

The other two IPs are: 141.8.224.221

and: 74.120.19.22

Honestly have no idea what this is, I am super secure with my computer and doubt I downloaded anything unsafe.

Not sure how to go about this, especially since it's the same IP most of the time.

Could you give me any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello Damonn_ and welcome to Malwarebytes...

Continue with the following:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Next,

Open Malwarebytes, select > Reports > then checkmark (tick) most recent "Website Block" entry > then select "View Report" > "Export" > Text File (*.txt) name and save that file to Desktop or somewhere of your choice, attach to your reply...

Repeat for 3 blocks, attach to your reply

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin....

Hello Damonn_

FRST logs do not show any obvious malware or infection. Website blocks are related to Chrome, lets go for a reset back to defaults with CHrome, see if that helps...

Reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out issues with Chrome.

• First, go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account. Make sure you know your password as this will clear it from the browser.
  • Scroll down until you see the  reset_chrome_sync.png button and then click it to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase.
  • Now, close all Chrome windows. Chrome cannot be running for the next step. If needed, print this information or use another browser to read the information.
  • Press the Windows key + R at the same time, to bring up the run dialog box.

• run_command.png

• Type in (or copy/paste) the following and press Enter:      %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\

1. Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and folders.
  2. Hold down Ctrl + A and click once on the files "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak". This will unselect them. This is what it should look like:

chrome_files_folders.png

3. With all the files selected (except for your Bookmarks), press the Delete key and click Yes to delete the files and folders.

Restart your computer, let me know if the block issues cease..

Thank you,

Kevin..

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks