Brighttag detections with ADW Cleaner

bikemanAMD

Hi All

Currently Running Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes Free, Later on tonight Swapping to Avast Free, and keeping Malwarebytes free,  each time I run ADW Cleaner 7.2.6.0  I end up with detections for Brighttag or something?  So little bit uneasy continuing to trust Windows Defender for main protection, plus I used Avast for last 10-11 years

Started using Avast back in 2006, when I got a very very very bad infection when I was a tester for WIndows Live One Care in Windows XP Days,  and ever since then felt not too safe with Defender 

I have not removed or Restarted system yet to fix this, will hopefully wait for an answer regarding this and then take care of it

AdwCleaner[S02].txt

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It looks like the logs are not being turned on for you, so you may have to enable the "Debug mode" in the Settings menu before cleaning in order to get this logfile (see picture below):

image.png.55b961c0fa3d4d34266c021b359c2a45.png

After that, please clean again and share the log file. You'll find it in C:\AdwCleaner\Logs\AdwCleaner_Debug.log

Thanks!

In Addition I've been detecting TheBrighttag.com with Adwcleaner for a while now on all systems,   Previous Real time protection was Avast Free Antivirus, and Malwarebytes Free,  Decided to run ADWCleaner to make sure nothing was missed,  Detected PUP.OptionalLegacy and TheBrighttag.com,  cleaned and restarted, on each system, and a few weeks later run ADWcleaner 7.2.6.0 again, and same detections yet again

Not sure if false positive, something with Avast or what,  Main Desktop currently running Windows Defender built into WIndows 10, I havent' switched the other systems yet til I determine what the cause is if possible