Desktop takes a long time to appear after log-on screen

voltron

Hi :) ;

Can you help me with this problem. Since I updated to OA ver3.5 after the log-on screen the display shows only the wallpaper for a long time (about 45 seconds to 1 minute) before icons and taskbar will appear. This never happened before. Usually when the log-on screen finishes the wallpaper displays only for about 2-3 seconds then the desktop icons appears followed by Avira Premium splash screen then the tray icons (Soundmax digital, sound icon, Online Armor, LAN-unplugged).

Is there a way I can hasten my boot time? What can I check to determine what is causing the delay?

Regards,

voltron :)

When you did the upgrade, did you install on top of the older version or install cleanly (uninstall, reboot, then install new version)? If you installed over the top, you might want to try installing cleanly. Have you installed anything else since then?

When you did the upgrade, did you install on top of the older version or install cleanly (uninstall, reboot, then install new version)? If you installed over the top, you might want to try installing cleanly. Have you installed anything else since then?

Hi swagger :( ;

I uninstalled OA and installed the newer version. I also installed Sandboxie 3.38(registered). But I noticed the delay when I upgraded to OA ver3.5. I posted a topic on this at the OA forums and they adviced that I uninstall OA again and re-install it with "Trust everything" instead of the Safety Check.

I did that but it's still the same. 1.3 to 1.5 minutes before the desktop shows the icons and the system tray elements.

Help...

Regards,

voltron :(