False Positve: Peace Equalizer

Sitedrifter

I installed the latest version of Peace Equalizer (version 1.4.6.3 ) https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/ and MalwareBytes version 3.4.5 flags it as Ransomware and quarantines the files. I have attached the report.  I do believe this is a false positive but please let me know as I have also alerted the software programmer for Peace.

peace-detection.txt

Edited by Sitedrifter

Hi Sitedrifter,

Thanks for reporting. It was a false positive and should be fixed now. If you continue to see it detected, please attach your copy of C:\EqualizerAPO\config\Peace.exe for further inspection.

Ignore the below as it's just a note for my colleages

RE: 4D912F007466E635740DAEC220736503

Edited by thisisu

12 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hi Sitedrifter,

Thanks for reporting. It was a false positive and should be fixed now. If you continue to see it detected, please attach your copy of C:\EqualizerAPO\config\Peace.exe for further inspection.

Ignore the below as it's just a note for my colleages

RE: 4D912F007466E635740DAEC220736503

Thanks for the quick response!!!

7 hours ago, PeterVerbeek said:

Hi thisisu,

Does the fix include the 64 bit version of Peace (Peace64.exe) and the Peace setup tool (PeaceSetup.exe) ?

As creator of Peace I want to thank you on your swift reaction.

Kind regards,

Peter Verbeek

No it doesn't but I checked these two files out and they are not being detected by Malwarebytes. If you are seeing otherwise, I would require a log and the exact file(s) being detected to fix.

No problem at all.