Random crashes no BSOD

Hey there chaps,

I have been having problems with my pc randomly restarting for no apparent reason. A grand chap by the name of Kevin has been helping me after fixing an unrelated issue, and he has kindly pointed me in the direction of this forum.

The original thread is here with some log files and more info: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/224620-malware-not-removing-things-properly/

Any more insight would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

The memory dump that you uploaded in the other thread is a STOP 0x124
More info on this error here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000124

This is usually a hardware problem - but can also be caused by compatibility issues or by low-level drivers (but is less likely)
In this case, the driver assdv2.sys is mentioned in the dump file.  On a hunch, I'd suggest uninstalling the Asus Secure Delete program from your system and see if that helps.

If the problem still happens after that,  Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum):  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/170037-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
BTW - the memory dump is from a BSOD crash.  It's not unusual to not see the BSOD.

FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.
NOTE:  On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete.  Please be patient and let it run.

If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR, .7z or other compression utilities.
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F2) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and the outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen both dtsoftbus01.sys and dtscsibus.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration):  New link (15 Aug 2012): 

http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link:  http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptd
Manual procedure here:  http://daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html

NOTE:  The uninstaller may not find the SPTD.sys driver.  Don't worry about it, just let us know in your post.

NOTE2:  The latest version has an SPTD2.sys driver - the uninstaller is on the same page as the SPTD.sys driver - just download the version for W10!

In the past AMD OverDrive would cause these sorts of errors - but I haven't seen them since around v4.2 (I think you have v4.3.0), which was a couple of years ago.
I'd suggest uninstalling it in order to test for it's involvement.

The assdv2.sys driver is in the 2nd memory dump also - and all the references that I have show it to be involved with Asus SecureDelete.  Since that isn't installed on your system, I'd suggest uninstalling the rest of the Asus software to see if we can eliminate it that way (from my experience, the Asus Manager software combines a lot of the Asus stuff - so it may be from that).  There is a way to manually remove it, but it's a bit complicated and can cause problems with the system - so I'd prefer not to have you try it until last.

You can also try running Driver Verifier (according to these instructions):  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html
Sometimes it will find a driver that's to blame even if we suspect hardware - so I suggest trying it to see what we find.
It'll cause the system to BSOD, so keep your data saved constantly while waiting for the BSOD.

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only.
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Tue Mar 20 13:18:01.851 2018 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\032018-24687-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 16299 MP (4 procs) Free x64
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:04.591
Probably caused by :AuthenticAMD
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffaf8bef4138f8, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffaf8bef4138f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD__UNKNOWN_PRV
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Tue Mar 20 13:18:01.851 2018 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
assdv2.sys                  Mon Sep  9 04:02:26 2013 (522D8092)
[/CODE]

[color=#777777][color=#4b0082]assdv2.sys[/color] - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.[/color]

Thanks Usasma,

I have removed daemon tools, the sptd driver wasn't found by the uninstaller. I have removed amd overdrive, ASUS Music maker, ASUS welcome. There is still ASUS Manager and Device Setup in my add/remove programs list, but it wont let me remove them. The Device Setup one says "A program required for this install could not be run". When i try to uninstall ASUS manager, it says "the model does not support this application". Does this mean there are parts of these programs missing, causing some issues?

Windows updates found an update for Windows Defender antivirus, so I have downloaded that, no other updates found. I shall try running the driver verifier tonight and see what happens.

Thanks 

Matt

Now we wait and see what happens......

While waiting, please get a head start on these free hardware diagnostics:

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.
FYI - These are the tests and what we usually see for the reports:

1 - Antivirus/antimalware scans:  In short, if there are Trojans or other serious malware - start over in the Am I Infected forums

2 - Memory diagnostics:  Run MemTest86+ for at least 3 passes.  If booting from UEFI, run MemTest86 instead.  Let us know if there were any errors reported
3 - Hard Drive diagnostics:  Don't sweat the details here.  In short, run the Seagate Seatools Long/Extended test from a bootable disk.  If unable to run it from a bootable disk (UEFI and some others), then run the Seagate Seatools for Windows from within Windows.  There are no diagnostics for SSD's, just run the Crystal Mark tests and let us know if there were any failures
4 - Furmark:  run the test until the temperature stabilizes.  Don't let it get much over 90ºC.  Let us know the temp it stabilizes at and if there were any problems running the test (other than slowness).
5 - Prime95:  run the Blend test for 24 hours (this may not be possible, but run it as long as you can.  Look for errors in the output, or for problems running the test (freezes/crashes)
6 - Video 2 (other video tests):  there's several tests here.  Run all of them.  I'm especially interested in the Video Memory Test.  Let us know the results of the test(s)
  - A - simtek.org memtest
  - B - Video memory stress test
  - C - Artifact Locator
  - D - OCCT - 4 built in tests for CPU, GPU, PSU
  - E - Video Memory Stress Test
7 - CPU tests:  run at least one test on your CPU and let us know the result.