how just installing chrome , you get injected with funmoods pup

jraju

Hi,  I know about the funmood potentialities and very glad that mbytes just quarantine in its scan. But i did not install funmood. I just installed chrome search engine and i do not know how funmood crept in.

I find in appdata chrome user data folder as secured preferences. So, anybody just installing chrome either online downloader or offline downloader is getting automatically injected with funmoods .

The nasty funmoods took away about 6 hours of my work in deleting those hidden entries in registry and in pc.

My point, is anybody having chrome as their browser generally , and scan with malwarebytes would face this problem. I explain it little further When i scan the pc with custom scan with malware bytes lataest version, the chrome could not open the web pages and i was totally surprised, how this could be, when i could browse freely a few minutes ago an now no access to web pages. After scan, i was given this PUP alert, which i quarantine immediately. Experts please say, how chrome install is infected with funmood. I have just ignored cnet for this purpose.

PUPoptional.jpg

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!