More Coin-Hive

Wordworx

I've also been getting messages about coin-hive being blocked. It's said to be originating from firefox.exe. I will try unloading all the Firefox extensions. It may be relevant that it seems to be connected with updates on KUSC's website kusc.org (public radio station in Los Angeles).

Slightly later: I've tried disabling all my Firefox add-ons without effect, but I closed the tab in which kusc.org was running and the messages no longer occur. Is it possible that something on kusc.org has been infected with it?

Hi Wordworx :)

Malwarebytes is blocking coin-hive because one of the website you are using probably have the JavaScript code for it running in the background (it's a silent crypto miner that runs from your browser directly). You aren't infected with anything, the culprit is one of the website you visit.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!