Malwarebytes not starting since version 3

Hey There,

Been having issues running version 3 of Malwarebytes. I've tried each version of 3.0 including the beta's and they all refuse to launch. MBAMService is running in the background but that's all that happens.

I thought it may have been due to my pc being infected so I tried running Chameleon and I seem to be able to access the older 2.X versions fine.

Included mb-check-results with FRST and Addition logs included in it.

Hopefully you guys can help me get it running again.

Cheers

mb-check-results.zip

Can we try a few things please, first off, try updating your Nvidia drivers to see if that helps. The version you have is a little out of date and we see their driver working around in our systems.

If that doesn't help, then please try the following:

1. Download the following zip file and extract it: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/eo367or4oueu38570z9d1yv7l2bq01ig
  2. Inside the zip file, right click on capture.bat and choose Run as Administrator
  3. You should see two black windows that come up, and the top most one should end with "Press any key to exit"
  4. Press the Enter key once
  5. Now you should see one window that says "Please attempt to launch Malwarebytes, and wait 30 seconds"
  6. Double click the Malwarebytes icon on your desktop and then wait 30 seconds
  7. Then click back on the black box and press Enter
  8. A new black box should show up and at the end it should say "Press any key to exit"
  9. Press the Enter key once
  10. The first black window should now say "Please zip up SPEvents.etl and processes.txt and provide it to your support representative"
  11. Press the Enter key once
  12. Inside the folder where you found capture.bat earlier should be two new files, processes.txt and SPEvents.etl
  13. Please right click both new files and choose Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
  14. Now attach both zip files in your reply

Sorry for the long instructions, but hopefully this will give us some more information about what's going on

Ok, let's try this please:

1. Double click the Malwarebytes icon on the desktop
  2. Wait a few seconds
  3. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
  4. Go to the processes tab on the top
  5. Find mbam.exe in the list
  6. Right click mbam.exe and choose Create Dump File
  7. Wait a few seconds and eventually a window should popup showing you where the dump was created
  8. Find that file on your computer, and upload it here or use wetransfer.com to send the file to dcollins@malwarebytes.com

Thanks!

Interesting, let's try this:

1. Download MBAR from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbar
  2. Run the downloaded program, and click Ok on the window that pops up to extract MBAR to the default directory on your desktop
  3. After extracting, MBAR should launch
  4. Click Next, and then click Update
  5. Once the update finishes, click Next
  6. Press Scan to scan your machine
  7. If anything is found, follow the instructions to clean up the infection
  8. Reboot and attempt to  run MB3 again