Hi

My MWB management server has emailed over a notice about an exploit on a client.. but I can't see particularly what it was unhappy about.

The user was trying to use IE to navigate to a URL we use each month.. the user didn't log into the website behind the URL and closed the browser.

Could someone tell me what the anti-exploit took exception to? Below is message and attached are the MWB Server log for that client; certain details redacted..

Alert Time: 7/24/2017 12:27:14 PM

Server Hostname: SECURITY0

Server Domain/Workgroup: ******************

Server IP: 192.168.100.101

Notification Catalog: Client

Description:

Exploit threat detected, see details below:

7/24/2017 12:25:09 PM  MIR-HR 192.168.100.47  Exploit attempt blocked                BLOCK                   cmorley                Internet Explorer             C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE Attacked application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE; Parent process name: iexplore.exe; Layer: Application Hardening; API ID: 900; Address: ; Module: ; AddressType: ; StackTop: ; StackBottom: ; StackPointer: ; Extra:

Total count: 1.

SecurityLogs - MIR-HR.csv

• Staff

Hello JBNippy57,

I do apologize about the delay in this. Unfortunately the block on the server side in particular does not give as much information. It looks like it is being blocked by one of our first layers of protection so it could be a few things causing it. We will unfortunately need the logs collected using these instructions: