slow startup

John

I jave 3 other user accounts on my PC besides my own. The other 3 take an excessive time to start up and shut down. At times the PC freezes during the shut down. Also for these 3 accounts IE takes a very long time to come on line but works fine once it is open.

John be sure to mention this in your HJT thread. You probably need to disinfect each account. Hang tight until you are completely cleaned up then see how it's running.

Thanks. I've asked this question at various points in my HJT thread without getting an answer. Do you think I'll need to run all the programs included in my HJT thread for each account?

(RogueRemover, hoster.exe, Smitfraudfix, ATF Cleaner, Panda AV, ComboFix & Navilog)

That is possible. You are receiving help from a Microsoft Most Valued Professional awardee. It doesn't get much better than that. :)

I have not gone through your entire thread and wouldn't question the advice your getting. I just noticed you do have a HJT thread and some of the issues would certainly cause a slow PC.

Thanks Jean. I already have run StartUpLite, didn't notice much of a change when starting up.

Took your advice to uninstal AOHell, haven't used it for years, no idea why I still had it installed.

It doesn't go away easily. If you do a file search for aol i bet you still find some scattered about your hard drive. It is a scourge IMO. Once your free of infection there are some things you can do that may help too. Just being free of infection will probably increase your performance. I don't want to have you doing things while your also working on getting clean. Post here again when your done over there, I'm getting notifications.