Missing clients

Hi Rsullinger,

I installed Malwarebytes Console and had configure as below for client.

• .NET Framework 3.5
  • Windows Installer 4.0 or higher
  • File and Printer sharing enabled
  • NetBIOS enabled
  • Network Discovery enabled

But i scan machines in my network but still miss many client.

My client have about 200 machines but when scan i see a few machines as attach image.

Thanks for supporting.

Edited by AlexSmith
Removed image at request of the OP

• Staff

Hello HaiDuongVN,

When you click on the scan button, can you choose the option for 'scan and detect client software? When you do that, you should notice 2 options at the bottom. 1 for serial IP connection and 1 for WMI. I want to have you preform 3 test for this. 1 test each of using either wmi or serial IP by themselves. Then, 1 test where you use both of them selected. Usually checking both will find all of the clients but I would test each one to make sure. 

Hi Rsullinger,

Thank for your response.

Working for now but still false about installing clients.

Computer Name Domain/Workgroup IP Address Execution Result Anti-Malware Version Last Detection Time
xxxxxxxxxxxx  SPIRALEDGEVN 192.168.1.3 Installed successfully, but registration failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. 1.80.2.1012

11/8/2016 9:02:19 AM

Computer Name Domain/Workgroup IP Address Execution Result Anti-Malware Version Last Detection Time
xxxxxxxxxxxxx WORKGROUP 192.168.1.7 Installation failed. Previous installation is incomplete, please reboot the computer and try again.   11/8/2016 9:26:13 AM

Thanks,

• Staff

Hello Hai,

The second client may need you to remove the client and do the re-install over the top if what is said in the message doesn't work. The first message is not always a bad message. It just means that during the registration period, the client couldn't connect. Can you check in the client pane if the client shows up there as online? If it does not, we may need to look into that further to see why it is not connecting. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Rsullinger,

I try to remove and re-install this client but not working with same error. I also check in the client pane, it doesn't show up there as online.

Any suggest for me ?

Thank you very much.

xxxxxxxxxxxx  SPIRALEDGEVN 192.168.1.3 Installed successfully, but registration failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. 1.80.2.1012

11/8/2016 9:02:19 AM

Edited by HaiDuongVN
update

• Staff

Hello Hai,

I want to have you collect me these client logs as it shows the communication between the client and server better:

-Locate the this folder on the client computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Managed Client
-In this folder, right click the 'CollectClientLog.exe' utility and run it as admin.
-Save these logs to the desktop of the computer.
-Zip up this folder and attach it to the next reply.

• 2 months later...

Hi Rsullinger,

I try to setup some user but still have the problem as below.

I am using Malwarebytes Management Console 1.7.0.3208 version.

Any suggest to me.

SERVER-xxx1 WORKGROUP x.x.x.x  Installed successfully, but registration failed. Unable to connect to the remote server. 1.80.2.1012 3/13/2017 8:58:03 AM
SERVER-xxx2 WORKGROUP x.x.x.x Installation failed. Managed client software installation failed. 1.80.2.1012 3/8/2017 4:56:24 PM

Thanks,

Hai.Duong

vn.jpg

The registration failure error is not a show stopper, your install should be fine. The client did not check back into the server within a set hardcoded timeframe. It could be because of firewall, network speed and another security product interfering with our communication. Check on that endpoint to see if MEEClientService is running, if not, start it.

Workgroup machines also need to have the installation done through the default Windows Administrator account, make sure that is the credentials you are using to deploy to those machines, not a domain account.

Hi Djacobson,

I sure firewall of windows was turn off on those machines.

Also MEEClientService is running ok.

I try to remove and reinstalling but it all fails as below.

Any suggest to me?

Thanks,

SERVERxx SPIRALEDGEVN x.x.x.x Installed successfully, but registration failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. 1.80.2.1012 3/22/2017 10:06:19 AM
Edited by HaiDuongVN
add service

• 2 weeks later...