Scan IP Range

• Staff

Hello Sixpack,

I just want to confirm first that the clients you are trying to scan meet all of these pre-requisites:

The following prerequisites must be met for all Managed Clients using the Malwarebytes Management Console:

• .NET Framework 3.5
  • Windows Installer 4.0 or higher
  • File and Printer sharing enabled
  • NetBIOS enabled
  • Network Discovery enabled

The main one in this case is the nettbios/network discovery. Those are required for the actual scan and detect portion of the program and if they are disabled, then the clients will not show up in the client push install menu. 

As for your other question about the 'add ad ou as group, can you show exactly what you are seeing? You will never see the actual endpoints show up in the list only the AD tree. For example, see the screenshot of what I see on mine. I have 1 client under each of those (for testing purposes) but you will not see the actual computer shown there. 

ad example.JPG

• Staff

Hello SixPack,

Just to confirm, nothing is in that drop down and nothing shows in the window much like in my screenshot correct? If that is not the case can you get me a screenshot just for my purposes? You can send it in a PM if you need to.

Also, you may want to go to the admin>other settings tab and re-add the domain query account or test another account and see if they show up. If they do not, let me know. 

So I was able to get a bit farther on one of my remote system but now I get the following:

Computer Name Domain/Workgroup IP Address Execution Result Anti-Malware Version Anti-Exploit Version Last Detection Time
CORVALLIS   192.168.2.2

Installation failed. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

11/10/2016 5:10:40 PM

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem "Installation failed. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request."

System is windows 7 pro SP1 - in-house network, connected to Domain and using Servers on that Domain.

Have installed the the same way on 29 ohter network systems with no problem using Malwarebytes Management Console.

Did anyone find how to fix DNS resolving error for This ?