Problem trying to open locally stored web page using Google Chrome Download feature

hake

My sister-in-law uses Windows 8.1 64bit.  I created a Download folder access in the bookmark toolbar of Google Chrome.  MBAE 1.08.1.2572 is setup to use the default Advanced Settings.

When she tries to open a web page which has previously been saved in her download folder, MBAE kills Google Chrome.  I am unable to show the error message box but the problem is in the OS Bypass Protection.  I have added a bookmark toolbar item to enable her to access her stored web pages as files in the local Downloads folder and this causes no problem.

All relevant software is at the latest version at the time of writing.

The Google Chrome Download feature appears in the address bar as chrome://downloads/
Open a previously downloaded .html file by using Google Chrome to access the download folder with 'chrome://downloads/' and the problem happens.

Open the same .html file with file:///C:/Users/fred/Downloads/webpagefilename.html and the previously downloaded web page and its components opens in Google Chrome.

Edited by hake

I am not in a position to do so at the moment.  The computer concerned is 50 miles away from my home and I just happened to be there when the user asked me to do something about the issue which I did by providing alternative access to the Downloads folder for Google Chrome.  I posted my comments in the hope that someone else might also have experienced the issue.