MB expired

Just turned on my old WinXP desktop with aim to update MB definitions, etc. But when I clicked on MB, I got notice "MB Trial Expired.....etc."
Did I do something wrong when I first installed the Free version and possibly installed a trial version.
If so, how can I get the Free version for this WinXP, which wouldn't expire?

Should I go here     http://en.softonic.com/s/malwarebytes/windows-xp
Download malwarebytes for Windows XP (6 programs)  
and download the one that says:     Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1.1043   /      FREE EnglishMalwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1.1043  /      Detect and eliminate malware. ... "?
    And should I delete the one that is installed now? 2.2.1.1043 (They both seem to have same version number.)

Hello and welcome back, @bobz:

There's no need to use 3rd-party hosting sites to get the current MBAM installer -- it's always best to d/l software directly from the publisher's own site.
You may download MBAM here: http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam/
or here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

If you already have the Trial and it says "expired", you just need to click the "End Trial" or "End Free Trial" link in the GUI or the popup notification.
Either of those should get you back to the Free version.

If you wish to start afresh with a clean reinstall, please follow the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

>>Please note: the installer is the same for Free, Trial and Premium versions.  If you have not already used the Trial for this MBAM program version for this particular system, you will be offered a 14-day Trial during the setup wizard.  If you do NOT want the Trial, just opt out by un-ticking the box (de-selecting it) during the setup. (1 Trial per system per major MBAM program version.)

>>As you likely already know, Windows XP was completely EOS/EOL more than 2 years ago. It no longer gets important security updates, so it is very insecure. MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner.  It will not help to PREVENT infection on this very vulnerable system.  You would need a paid, Premium license for that.

Please let us know if you need more help,

Edited by daledoc1
clarify

Thanks for the update.:)

You should be all set.

Occasionally, however, MBAM Trial does not "cleanly" revert to the Free version (retained settings, popups, etc.).
If you run into problems, I would suggest that you please follow the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
Depending on the system's hardware, you might also need to apply the hotfix HERE.

I do not wish to nag or to beat a dead horse about XP.  And I fully understand if you cannot afford to replace the old computer.  Please just be aware that, as time passes, it will be harder and harder BOTH to prevent AND to recover from a major security or other mishap under the XP platform (not just the hardware and OS itself, but also drivers, compatible software, etc.).    Many security software vendors are dropping support for XP entirely, although Malwarebytes has pledged to continue support for XP as long as they can.

<soapbox off>

Cheers,