anyone having a problem running JRT in Windows 10 x64

Hi,

anyone having a problem running JRT in Windows 10 x64?

I'm getting the warning:

*** JRT runs best with administrator privileges ***

If you wish to run with administrator privileges, please close this window and run as an administrator.

If you wish to run without administrator privileges, please hit any key to continue.

Press any key to continue . . .

However, i'm using a local admin user account. The Windows edition is Windows 10 Pro x64 and i'm using Windows Defender.

Thanks!

Hello AlexCC:

JRT v8.0.1.0  (11.24.2015) can run without difficulty on a 64-bit system running Windows 10.0.10586.17 Pro.

JRT.txt

The only immediate suggestions I could offer would have you delete any and all JRT.exe files from the system in question and download a replacement only from the highest integrity, Malwarebytes, internally controlled/protected source, and even then, download only to the Administrator's desktop of the system in question.

Direct Download: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/jrt/

The JRT executable should be further validated by sending it to VirusTotal.com where JRT v8.0.1.0 should make its way to:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/63af00e58cbbe5c223545ac6341e344797f8ba2788b14be2054c3703ff469430/analysis/1448411228/

Then, restart the system in question and come up in the Administrator account's desktop and again "RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as administrator".

If the above steps do not resolve your system's JRT issue, the system's User Account Control (UAC) settings etc. may need a closer look.

Thank you.

Hi 1PW,

thanks for your reply.

The download is the correct one. I tried to run it from the hidden Admin account, but i get the same error.

If i try to run JRT inside VirtualBox (Win10 x32 guest) it works fine.

I'll run Windows Repair AIO and try again.

Thanks!