Transfer Malwarebytes to new computer-old computer dead.

My old computer died and I want to transfer my Malwarebytes to the new one. The old was Win 7 and this new POS is Win 10. I have the November software change installed. I sent email to Malwarebytes last Thursday but have not received any response. The case number is 888203. There are instructions in the FAQ for transfers when the old computer will operate but I see nothing for getting my subscription in this new computer when the old one will not run.

Hello and :welcome: :

It sounds as if you have a 1-PC consumer lifetime license?

We here in the forum do not have access to the information necessary to directly resolve licensing issues. BUT....

Yes, the standard procedure to transfer a license involves deactivating it on the "old" system, then installing and activating with the same license on the "new" one, as explained here: How do I transfer my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware license to a different computer?

If the old system is unbootable, you won't be able to deactivate the license on that system.

The key point is to have the 1-PC license activated on only 1 PC at a time.

It probably will not be a problem, as long as the old system is never resuscitated and never touches the MBAM servers again.

Having said that, for peace of mind, I suggest the following:

• Continue to wait for a reply to your help desk ticket -- those folks are really the only ones who can directly sort licensing/activation issues.
    • Please be patient, as they are quite busy and also assisting users with tech support, malware removal, etc.
    • Please check your junk and spam folders, to be sure replies did not land there by mistake.
  • Until then, you can install MBAM on the new system -- the setup wizard will offer a 14-day Trial by default (unless you opt out).  That will give you the full Premium functionality for 14 days, while you wait to hear from the Help Desk.  (After 14 days, the Trial will revert to the Free version unless it is activated with a valid license).
    • There is one Trial per PC per MBAM program version.

Hope this helps,