subscription questions

Currently I have 20 days left of MBAM Premium which covers 3 PCs.  I cancelled the automatic renewal shortly after purchasing same as I prefer to enroll on a yearly basis.  I do have only 1 PC and don't forsee adding any additional PC.

I know that MBAM has changed its coverage etc.

Now what do I have to do to renew my (yearly) subscription? 

There are 3 boxes which show: Renew - Deactivate - Change license.  Which one should be used to have only 1 PC covered for 1 year?  Or do I have to delete the current MBAM Premium in 20 days and sign up as a new customer?  Below excerpt doesn't really apply to me as I cancelled the renewal already quite some time ago.

I currently have a subscription under the 1year/3PC model, how am I affected?

Current subscribers will have their subscriptions grandfathered in to the new model, and are not affected by this change. Customers can continue to use their subscription for up to 3 PCs without being charged under this new pricing model. This new change only affects new purchases.

Here is hoping that I explained it clearly enough in order for you to guide me what needs to be done to have only 1 coverage for 1 PC.

Thank you.

Hi, @abuela:

The change from 1-PC/lifetime to 3-PC/subscription to 1-PC/subscription has been a bit confusing.

Staff will correct me if I am wrong, but....

If I were you, I would renew your existing subscription license for "up to 3 PCs".

As you mentioned, sale of new 3-PC licenses was discontinued on Sept 1, 2015.

However, EXISTING licenses are "grandfathered" and, as I understand it, can continue to be used on up to 3 PCs at a time in the same household.

In other words, the new subscription policy does not affect you.

The cost to renew this EXISTING, 3-PC subscription is the same as it would be to purchase a NEW, 1-PC subscription.

If you don't "need" the other 2 activations at this time, you would still have them available, in case -- for example -- you were to buy a 2nd computer.

IOW, since the cost to renew your existing subscription for up to 3 PCs is the same as the cost to purchase a new, 1-PC subscription, I would not burn any bridges.

If I were you, I would renew the 3-PC subscription.

If you prefer to do otherwise, then I think you would need to buy a NEW, 1-PC subscription license and use the "change license" button in the GUI.

Thanks,

Thank you daledoc1.  Lots to think about until it's time for renewal.  One additional question please.

Do we have to renew our annual subscription ourselves or does cleverbridge/MBAM issue automatic yearly renewals and therefore being billed automatically on a yearly basis or do we have to renew every year via the GUI?   I used MBAM free for YEARS and decided last year to go to Premium so don't know what exactly will happen at the end of a yearly subscription.

Thanks again.

Thank you daledoc1.  Lots to think about until it's time for renewal.  One additional question please.

Do we have to renew our annual subscription ourselves or does cleverbridge/MBAM issue automatic yearly renewals and therefore being billed automatically on a yearly basis or do we have to renew every year via the GUI?

In your earlier post, you wrote:

Currently I have 20 days left of MBAM Premium which covers 3 PCs. I cancelled the automatic renewal shortly after purchasing same as I prefer to enroll on a yearly basis.

If you did cancel auto-renewal, then you will need to renew manually.

If you purchased your license directly from the Malwarebytes online store, you ought to receive an email when your current license is close to expiration.

As far as I know, that email will contain a link that will allow you to get to the online store to renew.

If you have questions about your subscription (assuming it was purchased from the Malwarebytes online store), you may wish to contact cleverbridge, the ecommerce partner.  They can look up your transactions and subscription info.

The cleverbridge support link with their contact information is here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/?scope=cuseco&progress=customersupport=

The articles here  contain a lot more information about licensing, billing and subscription renewal:

License Renewal FAQ

Billing and Licensing

Thank you again,

Hi Daledoc1.  You wrote: 

If you did cancel auto-renewal, then you will need to renew manually.

Can you explain the above manual procedure in detail?  Do I have to use the MBAM clean tool to do that and the instructions that go with it?  Then to an install from scratch?

BTW, If I would have known what there is involved in setting up MBAM Premium anew, I would not have

cancelled the renewal.   Did it for very personal health reasons.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

Hi Daledoc1.  You wrote: 

Can you explain the above manual procedure in detail?

Please see my previous reply. :)

I am just another home user like you, and I do not work for Malwarebytes or for cleverbridge.

As far as I know, you will receive a notification email from Malwarebytes/cleverbridge when your current subscription nears expiration.

As far as I know, that email will contain instructions on how to renew your current license.

Do I have to use the MBAM clean tool to do that and the instructions that go with it?  Then to an install from scratch?

No, normally, one does NOT need to uninstall or reinstall MBAM in order to activate the program or to renew a subscription license.

Sometimes, though, things go "awry" and a clean reinstall becomes the easiest way to reset everything properly.

So, I would NOT normally expect that you would have to reinstall it when you renew your license.

BTW, If I would have known what there is involved in setting up MBAM Premium anew, I would not have

cancelled the renewal.   Did it for very personal health reasons.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

Yes, software licensing can sometimes be a pain.

I, too, prefer not to use automatic license renewal for software (my MBAM licenses are lifetime, so I have never had to renew them).

But the opt-out/opt-in and renewal process can be sticky.

If you use the link in my previous reply to cleverbridge, they ought to be able to help you with the renewal process.

That is what they do. :)

The cleverbridge support link with their contact information is here: http://www.cleverbri...ustomersupport=

The articles here  contain a lot more information about licensing, billing and subscription renewal:

License Renewal FAQ

Billing and Licensing

Alternatively, you may wish to log a ticket with the Malwarebytes Help Desk >>HERE<<.

They, too, are more familiar with the intricacies of licensing processes and problems than we are here in the forum.

Thank you again,

Subscription reinstated

Your subscription for "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium " has been reinstated.

When the next payment for this subscription is due, you will receive an email containing detailed payment information. The reference number for the original purchase of this subscription is  .....

Received above email from Cleverbridge. They are a real great Co. to deal with.

I'm (still) not sure if I have to do anything in MBAM's GUI like click on the *Renew* button (=activate)?  I'll be back when/if necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back!!  The MBAM notice at the system tray says License Expired.  It says RENEW.

Expiry date is Nov 30/2015. 

My Account says:  Protection temporarily extended after renewal failure. 

I tried the Renew button but that doesn't work out.  (see my previous post about Cleverbridge.  They wrote to me that they would bill me on Nov 30/2015.

There is a notification on my screen from MBAM that says License Expired with the advise to click on renew but that doesn't work either. 

What do I need to do now?  TIA

What is the next step please? 

Hi:

I'm sorry, but I just don't know the specific answers to your detailed questions about the nuances of license renewals.
It's not something we here in the forum handle directly. We don't have access to payment info or activation servers, etc.

So, I cannot say for sure if your renewal was or was not processed, or if what you see in the MBAM GUI matches the subscription information on file.
And perhaps there may have been a hiccup or delay because of the recent long US holiday weekend?

If you have questions about your subscription (assuming it was purchased from the Malwarebytes online store), the best folks to contact would be cleverbridge, the ecommerce partner.  They can look up your transactions and subscription info.
The cleverbridge support link with their contact information is here: http://www.cleverbri...ustomersupport=

Alternatively, you may wish to log a ticket with the Malwarebytes Help Desk >>HERE<<.

They will be able to better assist you with these issues.

Also the articles here  contain a lot more information about licensing, billing and subscription renewal:
License Renewal FAQ
Billing and Licensing

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Hi daledoc1.

Problem solved!!    :D   Don't know who fixed it, Cleverbridge or MBAM but I suspect it was Cleverbridge who hadn't billed me yet up to 10 minutes ago.  Doesn't matter now. 

Many thanks to MBAM, Cleverbridge folks and the MBAM volunteers who tirelessly give their time and efforts to satisfy the customers.  :)