[SOLVED] StackExec FP opening Internet Explorer

FLJack

HI,

I cannot open Internet Explorer.  I’m unsure of when this situation began as I don’t use IE very often, but I believe it may have started when I updated from Malwarebytes Anti Exploit v 1.07.1.1011 to v1.07.1.1015 on August 3.  As I didn't experience this earlier.  

When I attempt to open IE I get the following message:

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit has blocked an exploit attempt

Application:  Internet Explorer (and add-ons)              

Protection Layer:  Protection Against OS Security Bypass

Protection Technique:  Exploit code executing from stack blocked

File/Process Blocked:  N/A

Attacking URL:  N/A

My environment:  Windows 7-64, IE 11, MSE

I have reviewed the Known Issues and Conflicts posting in the forum.  The only item that pertains to me is Trusteer Rapport, which is the current version.  I made the change suggested but the condition continues.

I've attached the zipped Anti Exploit folder from Program Data.

Any advice other than uninstalling MBAE?

Thanks for your help.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.7z.zip

I'm having the same issue with Version 1015 after reloading Windows 7 x64 and installing all past and current security updates.   If MBAE is running none of my browsers (IE11, Firefox 40, or Chrome 44) will even open when I click on the icon on the task bar.   Once I stop MBAE from running all browsers will open and function normally.   Really a pain.  Hope you have a fix soon!

I've attached the Program Data files.

mbae-service V1015.zip

• 4 weeks later...