[SOLVED] Google Chrome Crash

hake

I an running Google Chrome (x86 version) on WIndows 7 (64-bit).  Google crashes on a certain web page.  I have copied the details from the message box displayed after the crash.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: chrome.exe
  Application Version: 43.0.2357.132
  Application Timestamp: 559b2699
  Fault Module Name: mbae.dll
  Fault Module Version: 1.7.1.1010
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5591339a
  Exception Offset: 0000423d
  Exception Code: c0000409
  Exception Data: 00000000
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: bc01
  Additional Information 2: bc011edf44722d0b9da610c7bc289b15
  Additional Information 3: f686
  Additional Information 4: f6864490c506fdefd9108941275e119a

The web page URL is : -

This web page should be available for at least the next few days but I won't be as I am off on vacation.

Aw, shucks! (as they say in Wigan).  The page doesn't crash Google Chrome any more.  Trouble is that this newspaper page is somewhat dynamic.  It includes links to other content which are liable to change and also a discussion forum.

I have looked a lot of other sites with this browser today and no other issues have arisen.

• Staff

Thanks for the update. Please report if the situation changes. If you don't encounter a crash anymore, please start adding mitigations one-by-one until you encounter a crash.

As for FRST, click the "readme first" link in my signature. There's instructions and a link to download the FRST tool.

• Staff

Thanks for the confirmation and please keep us up to date as much as you can.

We do believe there is still a bug with MBAE and Chrome that we are hunting down. If you are able to reproduce the problem again we can send you some special versions to troubleshoot.