Opera 12 (Presto) and Opera (Chrome)

hake

Opera 12 (Presto) and Opera (Chrome) are very different web browsers, sharing only a name.  Is MBAE able to discriminate between these two completely different web browsers and provide effective protection for each?

Thank you Pedro.  Does the assumption of Opera Chrome compromise protection for Opera Presto?  I suppose that what I am really asking is whether MBAE Google Chrome protection will also be useful with a non-Google Chrome type browser like Opera Presto, especially with mitigation of Flash plugin exploits.

I can always comfort myself with the thought that Opera Presto has the virtue of security through obscurity.  In its supported days, the old Opera only had less than 1% share of browser use.  By now, that must be a tiny fraction of the previous 1%.  Not much incentive for hackers.

• Staff

The only thing that's not applied to Chrome-browsers (that's not IE specific) is the Anti-HeapSpraying.

If you are using an old Opera and do not use Chrome, feel free to activate that feature under Advanced Settings for the ChromeBrowser family and it should work as expected.