XP the application failed to initialise properly (0XC000001d)

It's not just 32 bit AMD Athlon chips, it's Intel as well.

I clean-installed Windows XP SP3, and fully patched it before testing.

I am getting the same result.

The error seems to be the result of the MBAMService failing.

When the app runs, it tries to start the service.

I have failed it by starting the app during install, starting after install, and attempting to start the service manually.

MBAMService is dependent on MBAMProtector, so the issue is somewhere in there.

Hello and :welcome: :

It appears that your post may have been split off from another thread. :(

In any event, yes, a handful of XP users have reported this error when trying to upgrade to version 2.1.8.

(Many XP users have upgraded to 2.1.8 without issues.)

As mentioned here, the issue has been reported to the MBAM Product Team.

Until we hear back from them:

1. Please refer to this recent post by forum Mod, Maurice Naggar: https://forums.malwa...findpost=973986
  2. Also, it would help -- for starters -- to see some basic system information.  Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. Additional data may be needed, but those 3 logs will start the process.

Thank you,

It appears the post was moved and used to start this thread...interesting.

I did read that thread, thanks.

Since the disk was reformatted and XP SP3 was clean-installed and fully patched, I don't think it's "other-software" related.

The Intel CPU supports MMX and SSE only...someone mentioned that in the original thread I posted in.

I use the machine as a print server, so I've just rolled back to 2.1.6 until there is a solution.

Hi:

Many XP users (including forum staff and volunteers) have upgraded to 2.1.8 without issues and cannot replicate the error.

So, there is something else going on among the systems that *are* having problems. :(

Alas, without logs, it will be hard for the QA team to track it down and resolve it.

It's certainly up to you, but:

It would help -- for starters -- to see some basic system information. 

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

>>If you prefer to be assisted one-on-one via email, rather than here at the forum, you might wish to log a ticket with the Support Team >>here<<.

Cheers,