FileHippo App Manager - PUP.Optional.InstallCore.A

lmacri

The realtime Malware Protection for my MBAM Premium v.2.1.6.1022 appears to have incorrectly detected the executable for the FileHippo App Manager v1.47.0.103 (formerly known as FileHippo Update Checker - available for download from http://filehippo.com/download_app_manager/59899/) as PUP.Optional.InstallCore.A.  This is a utility I occasionally run to check if there are updates available for third-party software installed on my PC.

The attached files are a zipped version of the restored C:\Program Files\FileHippo.com\FileHippo.AppManager.exe as well as my MBAM Protection Log showing the detection.  Version 1.47 of this FileHippo utility is the current stable release and it has been installed on my system since 30-Jan-2015.  Today is the first time it has been detected (MBAM database version 2015.5.24.3).

-------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 38.0.1 * NIS 2014 v. 21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium 2.1.6
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

FileHippo.AppManager.zip

MBAM FP FileHippo App Manager 24 May 2015.txt