detection settings - a question regarding the option to scan for rootkits

Hello.

Under Settings, there is a Detection and Protection sub-tab. Clicking it displays several different options that can be turned off or on, one of them being an option to scan for rootkits.

I have the option to scan for rootkits turned on (see attached screenshot). However, every time that I go to perform a scan (specifically, custom scans—where options can be chosen), if I wish for MBAM to scan for rootkits, I still have to place a check mark in the Scan for Rootkits box located under Custom Scanning Options (see attached screenshot), even though the option to scan for rootkits is already enabled in the Detection settings.

I'm not sure if this is an oversight in the workings of the program or if it's a matter of me not understanding something, but what I would like to know is this: What is the point of having the option enabled in the Detection settingsif it still needs to be enabled again in a different place every time that a scan is performed?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

post-87431-0-08035200-1425641704_thumb.p

post-87431-0-70326900-1425641779_thumb.p

Hello -

From what I see it is because you have selected Custom Scanning Options only.

If you do not select the settings for Custom Scanning, is this not a problem, or do you still have settings that change.

I find / found that with "routine settings" they are not altering, but others may have found other reasons for this change that I am not able to see.

My Rootkit setting is the same as usual, and has been set that way for some time now ...

Thank You