Malwarebytes N/A for Android 4.4.2 - workaround? 12.29.14

@Malwarebytes Tech Support on Twitter has no solution, recommending peer-to-peer MWB forum assistance?

Craig CMP_765-AF tablet w/Android 4.4.2 pre-installed. Avast! Antivirus, History Eraser & all applicable updates on-board, configured.

MalwareBytes not available for this device anywhere on-line? No work around? No referral to a competitor?

FWIW Ad-Aware still has no Android Google Play App DL's available, WIN only.

Been using MWB on multiple devices, recommending to others & now it's N/A on Android 4.4.2? It's unlikely that this device's OS will be upgraded by manufacturer.

Craig's engineering department had no known solutions - they suggested they only use Apple devices and security software for PC's is unknown to them!

Any assistance, insights can only help. TY! 

Hi:

Welcome. :)

I'm a bit confused (that happens a lot when one reaches my age). :o

If you are asking about MBAM-Mobile for Android, I run it on both my 4.4.2 and my 4.4.4 smartphones.

AFAIK, it is available from Google Play and from the Amazon app store, according to the product main page >>Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile<<

If you are experiencing a compatibility or other technical problem installing or running it on your specific Android device, you might want to open a support ticket by following the requested steps >>here<<.

That's probably the best way to get prompt attention for your issue, as this particular section of the forum is reserved for support of the Windows-based products for PCs, not Android devices.

(There was a known issue with Wifi-only, non-sim card devices a few months ago, but I don't know if that has been resolved.)

I hope this helps,