Malwarebytes Pro Lifetime License

I purchased a download of this program through Amazon last night and received a Product ID and Key. It installed properly and seems to be doing what it is supposed to. However, a friend told me that you can no longer purchase lifetime licenses for MB Pro and suggested I may have a counterfeit version. It states Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) 2.04.1028 at  the top of the dashboard.

Is it possible I may have purchased and installed a counterfeit version of MB Pro? Thanks.

Hello gvfan:

The information you received was partially correct. Malwarebytes Corporation itself no longer sells the Lifetime licenses through its partner cleverbridge. However, enterprising businesses purchased boxed copies and license bundles long before Malwarebytes sold its last licenses and you see them in the marketplace now.

Amazon will back your license purchase and the fact that your individual license ID and Key went through the activation's vetting process sucessfully means they are legitimate.

When activated properly, the top ribbon will include the word "(Premium)" to the immediate left of the version number as you noted.

I too purchased a ID/Key through Amazon a few moths ago for a relative.

Thank you.